Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Importance of Connections

This is an area that I am continually blessed with.  I feel like I have some of the most amazing connections.  I began making connections before Primitive Tim was even an idea.  The following paragraphs are of how these connections were made and with who.  However, having known these people I feel like they are much more than a connection as there is a personal level as well.

The first person I met is an incredible guy.  I really look up to him a lot.  His name is David Moynahan and he is a professional wildlife photographer.  I met him at Cassidy Spring on the Wacissa River.  We started chatting as he was playing with his new underwater camera and seeing that I was comfortable underwater he wanted me to dive up through a chimney in the spring and take my picture.  I was honored to be the subject.  After further chatting he gave me his card and we became facebook friends.  We have hung out a few times since.  He is always helpful to me when I bounce ideas off of him.

The most influential man is of course Brian Barczyk.  He is the man that really inspired me to start up Primitive Tim.  I've met him twice in person and have had a few phone conversations.  He is one of the most encouraging people I have ever met!  When I'm doing some particularly interesting filming I'll text him and let him know and he is always extremely enthusiastic.  He is the guy that I am currently filming a wildlife mini-series for his new channel.  You can expect that around the end of the year.  So I need to get my rear in gear with filming and editing. lol

The most recent connection is a falconer.  He hunts with a red-tail hawk for small game.  This is an ancient way of hunting and has got to be one of the most incredible things to experience.  I'm planning on filming his bird this week.  The goal is to get his hawk catching prey on film for a birds of prey video. 


Photo by David Moynahan of me swimming through underwater chimney.





No comments:

Post a Comment