Monday, October 21, 2013

An Eventful Weekend

Haha, this weekend was awesome!  I did several things that I had never done before and never thought I would do.

The first thing was filming some falconry.  I met a friend that does falconry and he has a beautiful red tail hawk that he flies.  Being so close and watching it swoop and fly was incredible.  These really are powerful birds.



The second thing did was processing a deer hide for the first time ever.  I don't think it went so well but I'll try to make some moccasins from it anyway.  Processing hides isn't easy and only using stone tools was an added challenge.  I think I need to practice with a few more gift hides.  I'm sure I'll get it eventually!




In honor of Halloween I'm producing a zombie video.  Basically it's a skit showing how I might react to a zombie apocalypse.  Of course it's not totally primitive but by the end I get pretty primitive as the world around me shuts down.  This is meant to be a fun video and not necessarily a how-to... cause why would I make a how-to of surviving something that can never happen.... or can it???  I have a friend that is familiar with a very stable type of explosive so I asked him if we could get a shot of a pumpkin exploding.  That was a lot of fun and nobody called the cops on us so I'd say everything turned out as planned.





The last thing I filmed was a how to skin a snake video.  I had found a big water moccasin dead on the road Saturday night so I picked it up and brought it home.  I wanted there to be a how-to on this that isn't done by some redneck that hates snakes and is encouraging people to kill them all.  Instead when that young redneck searches for a video on how to skin a snake he finds me and actually learns something about snakes as well as how to skin it.  I'm not really sure what I'll do with the skin but I might put on the handle of a bow.  I think that would be cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment