Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Don't Believe in Boredom

I hear people say things like, "There's nothing to do in this town" or "Ugh, I wish I didn't live somewhere so boring."  I hear it all the time and it drives me nuts.  I don't believe in boring places, only boring people.  If you find yourself bored often I don't mean to insult you but I want to show you that there is so much out there to discover.  If you just get your rear off the couch!

There is always something to do.  Just today after studying with a classmate he disappointingly expressed to me that he felt like Florida was kind of boring.  Immediately I started showing him things in Florida that were incredible!  I showed him my video of monkeys at silver river, I told him about the bio-luminescent waters of the east coast's lagoons, and about some of our natural springs that you can free dive in.  You may have noticed a common theme here that it all has to do with nature.  Sorry, that's all I have to offer for entertainment.  Anyway, my friend was very surprised that all these things were relatively close to Orlando.  He was even interested in coming on one of my kayak tours!  Haha! I have one brain-washed!

The important thing is to always explore.  The unknown is always fascinating to me and there are so many new things out there to explore.  Every new tree I climb can be a new thrill or a new patch of woods that I explore or a new piece of wood I make a bow from or... do you get the idea?  If you're into music, don't just go to concerts of people you have heard of.  Go to a concert by someone you've never heard of.  They may put on a rockin' show or they might suck but you can still have fun because you are the only one that can choose to enjoy something or not to enjoy it!  I would never blow my money on a concert though

Mindset has everything to do with this so keep an open, optimistic, fun, and adventurous mindset and you will NEVER get bored!   I like seriously don't get bored :) ever

I try new things all the time and some don't work out so well but I was able to get the picture below because I went out of my comfort zone and tried something new.... and it turned out awesome!
I know the picture of the frog is freakin' awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment