Friday, October 18, 2013

Fun Footage Friday 10

Every Friday I'm going to try to write about the experience behind the footage of my Fun Footage Fridays.  If you didn't know, every week I post a short video on youtube of some of my favorite footage I've recently recorded. 

This week's footage is a little different as it doesn't show any animals (besides Ron) and I got the chance to go flying.  Ron is one of my bosses and has an ultra-light.  More importantly, he is a generous man and is willing to take me flying whenever the weather cooperates.  A few weeks ago we lifted off from Dunn Airport just as the sun was coming up.  It's incredible being up a thousand feet with nothing but the roaring sound of the motor a few inches behind me.By incredible I mean super freaking scary!

Once in the air we headed east toward the sunrise but due to our proximity to Kennedy Space Center we were limited on how far east we could go.  We made a swooping turn and headed West to the St. Johns River floodplain.  Ron doesn't seem like it but he's a bit of a daredevil and took us skimming right through the tall grass.  I kept expecting a large buck to raise its head out of the grass only to have his rack get hooked on our landing gear. We had to clean the weeds out of the landing gear upon our return.  No joke the landing gear was hitting the weeds.  I was too focused on filming to be scared though... otherwise I would messed my pants.
I think my favorite part of that flight was the fog.  The forests and floodplain were blanketed with a thin layer of fog.  A big thanks to Ron for providing the means to capture this footage for this video!


No comments:

Post a Comment