Friday, January 1, 2016

Episode 2.3: Sequoia National Forest

This was one of the most magical places on the trip.  I came here to see the world's largest tree but was met with much more than I bargained for.  Within 15 minutes of entering the park I saw a bear and shortly after found another.  Before this I had only gotten a glimpse at a bear in Yellowstone.  These bears were all up in the oaks eating acorns.  The next morning I got up early and B lined it to the General Sherman.  I was uncontrollably excited and the path to the tree seemed to last forever.  When I got there the forest was just quiet and there were very few people in the area.  Before going I thought, if I got the chance it might be cool to climb this massive tree but upon arriving that thought was lost as I could feel it commanded far too much respect than to let the likes of myself to try clamoring up its trunk.  The entire sequoia forest was absolutely mysterious and I loved every bit of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment