Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Opportunist

I'm an opportunist.  It comes in handy always keeping an eye out for opportunity.  Today a really bizarre and unexpected opportunity came up and I took full advantage of it.  I was at the feed store getting a bail of hay for an archery target.  I know a couple of the guys there so I shot the hay bale a few times to make sure it stopped arrows like I wanted it to.  I knew there were peacocks that hang around there so I asked if they ever shed feathers that are in good shape.  I thought it would be cool to get a few feathers and fletch some arrows with them.  They responded by pointing their thumb over their shoulder and informing about the recently killed peacock lying the dumpster. Apparently it was killed this morning.  When I got to it rigor mortus had set in but I pulled him out and he was in excellent shape.  Feathers were nice and clean and in top form.  I threw it in the back of my truck and went on my way and spent the evening harvesting feathers off a dead peacock. Filmed it so y'all can see how I did it.  Some photos below of this incredible bird for your enjoyment!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment