Friday, October 25, 2013

Fun Footage Friday 11~ Rough Green Snake

Beauty in nature is something that I see everywhere!  There are things like waterfalls and the changing of the leaves in the Fall that we can all agree are beautiful but I see a similar beauty every time I step foot into nature, which is often.  While the ancient live oaks and cypress trees are awe inspiring the greatest beauty I see are in the wild animals.  When I can observe them in nature doing what they normally do it really gets me excited.

So this rough green snake was found crossing a path so I tossed it in a pokeweed bush and let it crawl.  The first thing that struck me was the contrast between the purple branches of the bush and the green of the snake.  Purple and green are on opposite sides of the color wheel so they tend to have an appealing contrast.

The next thing that struck me was the movement of the animal.  It was mimicking the wind as it moved.  I thought this was an incredible behavior!  I stepped back from the camera and let it slither out of the frame and it was hardly noticeable at all.  Not only was its color helping it to stay camouflaged but also its movement.  The little snake had a look on its face as if it knew what it was doing.  I'd call this guy a pro green snake!


No comments:

Post a Comment