Friday, November 29, 2013

Raptors~ Fun Footage Friday 16

There is a lot I could say about this Friday's video.  Birds of prey/Raptors (ealges, hawks, owls, etc) are by far my favorites in the bird world.  They're the tigers and leopards of the sky.  They're some of the most incredible predators in the world!

With this footage a few animals gave me a chance to get up close and personal without flying off.  I think they're less likely to fly off on windy days so they don't have to fight the wind.  On the other hand they're a little more difficult to find cause they're not moving but just hanging out in shelter somewhere.  The ospreys are fairly active in certain areas so that wasn't much of a problem to find them.

The last few shots of a juvenile red tail hawk are not necessarily of a wild animal but it kind of is.  Right now it is in captivity but will be released by Summer time.  It's a hunting hawk that a friend of mine is using for falconry.  After the hunting season it will be released.  This hawk is so much fun to film hunting.  In the falconry situation I'm able to get shots of the bird that I would never be able to get in the wild.

All in all raptors are my favorite and I'm glad I live in a place that has a pretty good variety.

I hope y'all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment