Sunday, November 3, 2013

Birdering

I'm sorry, I'm a terrible person.  Ok, so I came up with a new hobby of my own where I try to take candid pictures of birders.  This is a hobby that was conceived from boredom and birthed by a mischievous personality.

Where I live in Florida thousands of birders flock every Winter to watch for a high diversity of bird life that passes through the area.  When I came up with birdering I wasn't interested in birds hardly at all and I thought it was hilarious how birders bought all this expensive gear just to look at some birds.  I didn't really get what the big deal was because birds were birds and they were just everywhere.

I began taking pictures of them when they weren't looking.  I found this to be quite a thrill as in the middle of your shot they could turn and catch taking their picture.  I got pretty good at shooting from the hip.  Getting the photo framed well was difficult, using no viewfinder.  Also, getting a shot of birders doing something very typical of birders is considered more prestigious.

I'm pretty proud of this shot of a pair of wild birders.  As the founder of birdering I'm a pretty skilled birderer.


This is another pair with very expensive optics and they were attempting to hide in the bushes out of sight of any prying birderer.

No comments:

Post a Comment