Monday, November 18, 2013

Bad Days

Saturday I was out filming for almost 10 hours.  For that kind of time I didn't feel like I had gotten the kind of footage I should have.  I had two target species for the day and didn't find either.  On top of missing my targets I got about ten minutes of sunshine and it drizzled off and on.  I can't film while it's drizzling. 

Even though it was a bad day I still learned from the experience and that's what is important.  I made a few mistakes of my own and now I know exactly how to avoid them.  For example, never go to an area that is frequented by air boaters as your sound will be useless and especially don't go to those places on a Saturday.  Overcast days generally have less animal activity and getting up at 6 was kind of useless.  These experiences make me better though and I'm learning quick.  I've noticed a definite increase in my experience and skill at getting good shots.  I think I'm learning so quickly because I'm making a lot of mistakes very rapidly.  Soon I'll have most of them out of my system.

Here's a shot from the ten minutes of sunshine I got from Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment