Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Weather

I love how this part of the natural world influences us.  It determines what we wear, our mood, activities, and health.  Today was a cold (65F), windy, and cloudy.  I loved it though.  Walking to my truck in flip-flops, a hoodie, and shorts with the wind blowing in my face really lifted my spirits.  It made me slightly uncomfortable but that made the arrival to my truck that much sweeter.

Tonight this weather pattern continued so I dug out the fire pit and got a deer hide soaking in lye.  I lit up a fire and got to work on a bow.  It was the first time this side of summer that I didn't break a sweat doing manual labor.  However, instead of body odor I just smell really smokey.  Personally, I love the smell of a hardwood smoke.  Anyway, I made good progress on the bow and I reached the part of the process where I need to go real slow.  Oh, I also realized I don't have a string for this bow so I need to get on making one.  I might have to raid someone's agave or yucca plants.  Apparently cat gut makes a good bow string too.  So many options!

No comments:

Post a Comment