Monday, September 23, 2013

Perspective - The Way we Choose to See

It's been raining all day.  Coincidentally I've been at school all day as well.  I go to the largest university in the US so our campus is a pretty decent size.  Rain plus walking around on campus is unfortunate for those of us that don't have the foresight to leave an umbrella or raincoat in our vehicles.  I had to traverse across campus in the rain to get from the parking garage to the library, where I would do some homework and write this blog post.

I say all that because even though it sounds pretty miserable.  It really wasn't that bad.  I made a game of finding the driest route, sprinting barefoot from building to building.  Personally I love water.  I love to drink it, to swim in it, to look at it, etc.

I could have seen this rain as a real bummer to my Monday or look on the bright side of things.  Florida needs rain bad.  The city of Orlando pumps up unimaginable amounts of water for it's many water parks, golf courses, and residential lawns.  If we don't get these all-day downpours we would run our aquifers dry.  Luckily the library wasn't very cold and I've dried out now.  Crossing campus in the rain was a fun challenge and I hope some of the other students out there could see it the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment