Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Feeling Accomplished

So today I'm not asking a question.  I'm throwing out some stuff that's on my mind.  Like the title says, I'm feeling accomplished.  Whenever you're working on something it's those little accomplishments that keep you motivated to continue.  

Ok, so I'm feeling accomplished about where I stand on search engines!  I searched "Primitive Tim" on google, yahoo, and bing.  For each search I was the top few results.  Now, I got my best results from google where almost the entire first page was me but it may have some bias since I was logged in as Primitive Tim.  I'm not really sure how all that works.

To be honest, I didn't do anything special to show up on search engines.  I just chose a name that was original.

Now I can feel confident that when I tell someone to just search Primitive Tim, they will find me!







1 comment:

  1. Good stuff man. You're doing well in the search engines because you've been around for a while, constantly post new content, and probably have a lot of quality backlinks. (i.e. high traffic forums, and blogs link to your content on a regular basis)

    SEO is kind of an arms race, and the rules are constantly changing. It's a lot easier to get things like youtube and twitter high up in the rankings since it's easy to get backlinks and they do stuff like automatic sitemaps to help you out.

    For your blog you should link it from every youtube video, post a link to it on popular forums when you add new content, get that google metatag in there and do regular sitemapping.

    If you don't under stand any of those terms just google them and read about SEO until your eyes bleed. (usually takes me about 45 seconds)

    ReplyDelete