Sunday, January 5, 2014

Arrow

I've been working on two videos this new year.  They're both on arrows and how to make them.  I exclusively use cane or bamboo arrows as they are strong and I generally put my arrows through a beating. 

After struggling to find a fletching style that I liked I finally settled on one that is efficient with time and materials and shoots well.  I really believe it is the best type and I'll likely do it for a long time and maybe throw in a few other styles if I get bored of it.

I also made a video on cane or bamboo arrow shafts.  The shaft is one of the most important parts of the arrow and to process it correctly is essential.

These are how-to videos so they are meant to thoroughly instruct rather than to be entertaining.   I want the viewer to watch the video and be able to pick up on the concepts easily so they can reproduce what they saw.  It's also important to me that I prove the product.  Whatever it is I just made, I want to show that it works and is effective.  So, at the end I shot the arrows and had some fun with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment