Monday, January 6, 2014

Breakthrough!

I had a huge breakthrough last week.  All I have to say is, I've been blessed with good friends at good times.  My friend Jay, the dude that does falconry, is also into primitive stuff along with more modern crafts. 

The other day he was over and I showed him my half way built hut.  It needs a roof and I figured at some point I would figure out a way to thatch it.  Up until last week I had never got around to it because I just didn't have any good ideas of how to do it.  All my ideas were really labor intensive and intricate and probably wouldn't have lasted very well.  I had some pretty terrible ideas pass through my head. 

I was telling Jay about how I just didn't really know where to start.  He says, "Well I think I know how you do it."  He quickly demonstrates and my mind was blown!  I quite literally screamed, "THAT'S IT!!!  That's what I have been looking for this whole time!"  It was a simple, efficient, and solid method of attaching palm fronds to the frame of my hut.  We ended up thatching about half of it over a few hours of work.

I put together a little preview so y'all can see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment