Thursday, May 7, 2015

Episode 1.3: No, I Seriously LOVE Water!

Yup, I love it.  I love to drink it, be in it, it be on me, jump into it, and there are so many more things I love to do with water.  I know I sound obsessed, but who can blame me?  It is the life blood of life :)  
Ok, so I want to talk about free diving for a moment because it's dangerous and I do it.  What I do is not dangerous in my opinion because I'm very careful about it.  Yes, I was free diving alone, miles from anyone and that is a really foolish thing to do but to be honest I have never had a consistent free diving buddy and I learned alone.  The way I free dive now is much safer than what I used to do.  I used to want to go deeper and deeper and impress people with my diving skills.  I don't do that anymore because going deep is not part of the purpose that I free dive.  I free dive to experience nature and wildlife in a natural way.  It is the single most simple way of getting up close and personal with aquatic or marine animals and the only gear I really need is a dive mask.  There is no room for egotism in free diving and I'm proud (is that egotistical?) to say that I have left that behind.  I hope you try it and experience the freedom of it and the challenge it presents your body but please please be safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment