Sunday, January 18, 2015

Trading

I love trading!  When I got into this primitive archery stuff I vowed never to spend money on natural materials and so far I haven't.  It's a pretty good hobby when you don't have to spend money.  I've really been getting into flint knapping and I'm starting to get confident with it.  My material was getting smaller and smaller and I was slowly but surely reducing it down to a pile of gravel.  I needed some rock and I found myself messaging a man with a good reputation out in Oregon and he wanted an arrow made by me.  He likes to collect arrows from different people that he respects and I was flattered that he wanted one of mine.  So I made an arrow and sent it to him and he must have really liked it because in return I got a huge box of obsidian with a knapped blade included.  I've made 3 points from it so far and I'm really pleased with the material and over time I'm sure I'll get some points that I really like as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment