Friday, November 21, 2014

Hunting

Having a successful primitive hunt is what I'm after.  The bows and arrows I've made are capable of taking game and they're made with natural materials.  The same materials our primitive ancestors had access to.  You'll realize quick how smart and athletic primitive man was as they only answered to the law of nature.  They were tough as nails and if they weren't they died.  Life was on the line every single day for these people.

Last week I went up to Georgia to learn to hunt.  The idea was just to get out in the woods and practice some ground hunting techniques and see how it went.  Hunting didn't go that well to be honest.  I got some squirrels in to about 5 yards but I was after pigs.  I saw one pig and several deer but the moment I saw them they saw me as well and that doesn't really do me any good.  I learned a lot about the nature of hunting though and that is important.  I came away with a lot of questions too and I have a good friend who hunts like this so I berated him with questions.  It's good to have good friends.

Between the morning and evening hunts I worked on some archery stuff and had a pretty good time with that.  Make sure to check out the next blog to hear a little more about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment