Friday, February 7, 2014

Lessons

  I love getting out of my normal stomping grounds.  New scenery is always fun.  Sometimes I find new plants that I normally don't see so when I get home I can look them up and see if there's anything special about them. 

Today I visited an area that I haven't been to in a while, the Econ National Forest.  It's a good patch of woods with some flora diversity.  Since I've been making bows I've become very attentive to every species of tree.  Today I came across the American hornbeam tree.  I've noticed them before but only in Georgia.  Turns out there are many out at the Econ. 

I was glad to see a new species in the area that I hadn't seen before.  It's always cool to find new stuff in the area and it shows that I'm learning more and getting better at identifying the local plants.  It also turns out that it's a good bow wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment