Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Giving

I'm convinced that giving is contagious.  Among primitive archers giving is very common and never expected.  It's interesting how we get our materials from nature.  We essentially walk into the woods and gather what we need.  Trees for bows, cane for arrows, and rock for tools.  These are things that generally don't have a price tag on them and I think that makes it easier to give.

I could say we gather our materials from nature or I could say nature gives us the materials we need and by gathering it we are receiving it.  I think this plays a huge role in the generous nature of primitive archers and anyone who receives from nature. 

So how is giving contagious?  The tendency is greater to give after one has received.  So when I receive it gets me excited.  When a guy decides to give me a nutria pelt for a quiver only hours after meeting me I'm totally blown away.  I didn't deserve it or expect it so the result is pure excitement from me.  In the same way when nature gives me something that I don't deserve it kind of blows me away.  A wild passion fruit is ripe and I eat it; that is a gift that I have enjoyed.  It's great!  I didn't do a thing in the world for that fruit yet there it is growing for me.  If there is more fruit than I could possibly eat then I must gather it and spread that joy that I have received from eating it and pass it along to others.  Then when I someone else experiences that joy they'll be encouraged to pass it back to me or along to someone else. 

My goal here was to share my recent experiences with giving and receiving and hopefully I've encouraged someone else to give.  So go out and give to someone, it can be anyone in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment