Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Episode 1.30: How to get free food plus SEALS!!!

As I drove into a small coastal town in Oregon I glanced at the church sign and at the bottom it had an announcement about their free breakfasts on Saturday morning.  I decided that was something I had to check out.  I met the pastor and she was super welcoming and told me all about the history of the church and showed me around.  With the little fishing port town being regulated out of the fishing industry many residents were struggling in every way imaginable.  The church served two other meals during the week and that's about all they could afford.  With the town dwindling the church was also dwindling but the pastor was keeping focused on what a church's role in a community should be.  She kept the main thing the main thing and that was a refreshing thing for me to see.  

I didn't really think about seals being around but I kind of just stumbled across some and it was really pretty neat.  This is an animal that I had never seen in the wild before.


No comments:

Post a Comment