Friday, July 31, 2015

Episode 1.13: The Bat Cave

This may be the only place worth going to in all of Iowa.  People have a lot of bad things to say about Iowa and from what I could tell, it's a weird place.  There's a lot of corn everywhere and just hundreds of miles of it.  This experience made me realize the importance of localizing our food sources.  

The caves were cool and the had some neat history behind them but they've basically been pillaged of all their stalagmites and such.  Nonetheless, there were a lot of coo minerals in the walls that shimmered in the light.

My favorite part was easily the two little bats that I found sleeping.  They were so tiny and fuzzy looking!  I believe the were common brown bats.  Having only found two, I wonder how many these caves might have hosted historically.  Hudreds? Thousands?


No comments:

Post a Comment