Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Alligators!

I like alligators!  I especially like the little babies and the really big ones.  The little ones are so cute with their big eyes and stubby noses and the big ones are just awe inspiring.  Those big alligators challenge my spot at the top of the food chain and I think it's good to be challenged.  In this video there were some shots that I really wanted to get that they (gators) wouldn't let me get.  I wanted to get some underwater shots.  This meant that I had to be in clear water, which is pretty uncommon in Florida and I would have to get close in the water.  So I went to give it a try.  I was at Silver River and just sitting in some shade feeding fish.  All the fish activity drew the attention of an alligator that was basking on some weeds down the river a little ways.  It was a 5-6 footer so I slipped out of my kayak and got the camera rolling.  I just let the river push me toward the alligator and that alligator turned right around and swam straight back to its basking spot in the weeds.  When I was in the kayak it was fine approaching but as soon as I got in the water it did not like that at all.  It was not comfortable being in the water with me.  I was able to get a quick glimpse of it while it was swimming away from me but it just didn't work out with the alligators.  However, I was able to get some really awesome footage with big and small alligators alike.  I hope y'all enjoy the video and find a new way to appreciate nature!


No comments:

Post a Comment