Monday, September 22, 2014

How to Find Snakes

My latest two videos are to encourage people to go out and look for wildlife on their own.  I think it's really important that people get off the couch and get into all natural places.  In recent history I feel like a ton of people are just getting really disconnected from nature.  We were once living in nature and everyday we experienced it.  It seems we've now outsmarted nature and have made things easy.  I almost went on a rabbit trail there but I'm bringing it back to the main topic.  There is some interest in finding snakes and it's not an easy thing to do so I wanted to give people a few ideas on what to look for and notice in nature when they're looking for wildlife.  I also wanted to give the lazy people (sometimes me) an option as this is generally a more productive method and it's easy, road cruising.  Yeah basically when you notice good conditions you just drive down back roads in the middle of nowhere.  It can actually be really relaxing and somewhat therapeutic.  These two episodes were shot over the summer so there was a decent amount of road cruising done and I wanted to show a variety of species.  Anyway, I hope it gave y'all some things to think about and I hope y'all find some really awesome wildlife!


No comments:

Post a Comment