Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Shots

I'm constantly thinking of new ways to film an animal or their activities in the wild.  The idea is to keep the viewers impressed.  I want them to think about how I got great shots.  No matter how short the clip may be I'm not going to let that be a factor.  For example, if I want to get a shot of an eagle flying from above when I'm only going to show it for a few seconds then I'm going to give it a try time after time until I've deemed it impossible.

There are two shots that we're working on now.  One is a shot of a birds eye view zipping through the forest.  So we'll put the camera on a zipline and send it through the forest.  Gotta love a GoPro!  The second shot will also require the use of a GoPro.  I'm going to grab a roadkill raccoon or opossum and clean out the body cavity and put my GoPro in it facing out.  I think it will be really cool to get a shot of vultures picking away at the carcass from the inside.  All those goofy looking bald heads picking away at the rotten flesh could be kind of awesome. We'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment