Thursday, July 17, 2014

SHARKS!!!

Recently I went on a scalloping trip with some friends and wanted to film some sharks while we were there.  I knew there were sharks in the area so all I had to do was draw them in and it would be simple, right?  Not so much.  I got some fish and started chumming.  Pretty quickly a bunch of little fish swarmed around the chum bag.  I figured this was a good sign as it might draw in the predators I was hoping to find.  I waited a while and a few remoras showed up.  That was a good sign as they often hang out with larger sea creatures.  A little while longer and I thought I saw my first shark!  Nope, it was a cobia.  Too bad I was filming and not fishing.  I left the bag for a while and came back and still nothing was around.  My friend was on the boat fishing and I look up to see him fighting a fish.  So I swam over to see what he had on his line.  It was a shark!  I've been chumming for an hour and no sharks came by but he threw out one piece of chunk bait and the shark finds that.  I concluded that the sharks were just really shy and filmed the shark my friend had caught as he released it.  It wasn't what I had hoped for but I did get a really neat shot as the shark swam away over the grass flats.


No comments:

Post a Comment