Sunday, July 27, 2014

My First AnimalBytesTV Episode!

My first episode is on some common non-venomous snakes in Florida.  Basically the purpose of this episode was to show the nature of snakes.  I did get bit a few times in the show but that was purely because I deserved it.  Whenever another creature picks up a snake in nature it's because it wants to eat the snake so naturally the snake will do whatever it can to escape, including biting.  There were other snakes that I held that just tried to squirm away because they don't have much of a bite, like the rough green snake and ringneck.  If people can understand the nature of snakes I think it will make them much less fearful of them so venturing out into nature will be far less stressful.  There is a broad hatred of snakes in cultures all over the world and in such a modern world that I live in I think it's crazy that people are still so ignorant of the nature of snakes.  That nature is to survive so if they can they will slither away but if they're cornered they will defend themselves by hissing or biting.  This is why it is far safer to leave any snake alone if you don't want to get bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment