Wednesday, March 12, 2014

South Florida Road Trip

This week two friends and I hopped in the car and headed south.  South Florida is known for its abundance of reptiles and invasive exotics.  There are invasive reptiles all over the place and quite the variety too!

I could write a long blog about everything that we saw and the adventures that were had but instead I decided to edit down into a video so check it out below!

I would like to say that the spontaneity of this trip was refreshing.  We didn't worry about where were going to sleep that night but when it came to to hit they hay we just figured it out.  It was a good exercise in adaptability and flexibility.  We ended up hanging our hammocks from a triangle of palms forming the hammock triangle of life.  That worked fairly well for me but the others weren't quite as prepared as me so they had to either deal with mosquitoes or the cold.  I slept so well that apparently I slept right through a 10 minute rain shower.  I hope you enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment