Saturday, October 17, 2015

Episode 1.25: Into the Mind of the Caveman

Sometimes I just go into the woods and let me mind wander and I take natural materials and explore the possibilities of their individual properties.  Now, I come from a land that has almost no old growth trees and when I found this huge fallen pine tree what to do with it was obvious but I had neither the time nor the means of making a dugout canoe from it.  

Out west they struggle with wildfires so it's illegal to build a fire in most of these forests but I had found so much pine resin and I thought it would be fun to make some pine pitch but without fire that's impossible so I had to give it a try with mixing the resin and its ingredients but really I just ended up with a black play-doh like substance.  Regardless, it was fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment