Monday, March 23, 2015

Maiden Voyage in the Camper Van

I am a man of many interests and they all are rooted in nature in some way.  I've made videos on the topics of my various interests but this is the first one where I throw them all into one video.  I've got foraging, freediving, primitive archery, and wildlife all in one video.  I took the van out to Ocala and was able to do all of these things.  This is a huge forest in the upper peninsula of Florida and it's a strange place with mostly scrub for miles.  It also has several springs and is oddly hilly.  I think it's really important to have many interests because it helps us not be ignorant.  For example, I've always been into reptiles so that helps me to be aware of the importance of spiders and centipedes, even though I may not be particularly interested in them.  My goal is to figure out the best way modern society can get along with nature without destroying what diversity we have left in nature while improving the lives of everyone.  So here's my maiden voyage, just a small step in my journey of discovering the wonders of this earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment